Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Green Smoothies 1/6/15

Green Smoothies, no grass involved
Makes 1

So I woke my ass up and went for a run over by back bay this morning. Pre run I had some of my leftover oatmeal from Sunday, just a little bit to get some protein in my body before I started moving. Excellent idea since I normally don't eat before running in the morning but I had leftovers so might as well finish them off. Once I got back I made my first 'Green Smoothie' and man I will never go buy that Naked/Odwalla/Jamba Juice smoothie shit ever again. This is cheaper, faster, and no long ass lies to wait in, momma like. Green Smoothies are also a VERY good source of fiber. Just want to be sure everyone's digestive system is on track, yaddamean.

Ingredients:

2 cups of greens spinach or kale (I used spinach, which a bundle of this stuff is like $1.29 at Sprouts and is enough to make like 4-5 smoothies. Oh yeah.)
1 cup chucks of creamy fruit (frozen bananas or mangoes or an avocado. I used mangoes but I want to try the avocado next time because that sounds bomb)
 3/4 cup of your favorite sweet frozen fruits (like cherries, berries, apples, pears, whatevs ya want. I used 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries)
1 1/2 cups liquid. Anything you want. I used 1 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup orange juice because that's what I had, but be creative, that's the whole point.

Throw all that in yo blender and drink up sons!


Don't let the color fool you, that ish was fantastic! I slurped it down real quick.

Song for the Recipe: Bang Pop by Free Energy
Just listen and enjoy. Then make a smoothie or something.

Until next time.

Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment