Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Banana Pancakes 1/20/15

Banana Pancakes
Makes about 12 pancakes or 6-8 mega ones (you decide). You can either keep the extras in the ridge as leftovers/snacks for later or freeze them and eat whenever you damn well please.

Holy pancakes! I've always been a huge pancake fan. My dad used to make them every Sunday growing up and man were they a hit. A hit to the point that my friend Caroline used to come over and have them with us. Try these out. Add chocolate chips if you want to get extra sweet in the morning.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour to whole wheat pastry flour (I used all purpose)
2 tablespoons brown or white sugar (I used 1 of each)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups nondairy milk (like almond)
1 small banana, Mashed
Grapeseed oil or coconut oil for cooking the pancakes

ONE: In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Make a crater in the middle and add the milk and mashed up banana. Mix that all together until there are no more dry spots, but don't go crazy. Mixing too much will make them tough, we don't want them to be tough, duh.

TWO: Pour that batter into a skillet or griddle and get flipping my dudes.



Yeah I may have taken a bite out of that one when it was fresh off the stove. 


Song for the Recipe: Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
Yeah I went there with the cliche song. 

Until next time. 

Meg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment