Friday, January 2, 2015

Creating my 'Thug Kitchen'

Hey everyone, how's it going? Welcome to my blog! I've always been a big eater and wanted to tackle my cooking game to accelerate it into something magical. In light of the recent holiday I was lucky enough to get a cook book from one of my best buddies I lived with in college: Thug Kitchen, eat like you give a f*ck. Coincidence? I think not. With this new gem in my possession I've decided to make and try every recipe in it. Important information so listen up. All of the recipes are animal product free. Disclaimer: My idea is to only alter a few recipes because I'm a meat lover and need me some meat, no pun intended. Yes, peoples diets who are rich in animal proteins are four times more likely than those who eat lean of it to die of cancer. I'd love to stay cancer free for the duration of my life so my strategy is to only substitute/add a few animal products to get my proper fix. Plus the whole tofu and tempeh products taste like cardboard and give me diarrhea so I'd love to avoid that at all costs. I'll be sure to note which recipes and ingredients I alter for those who give a shit.

There are six different courses featured in this book:
1. Carpe Fucking Diem (Breakfast)
2. Short Order Shit (Salads, Sammies, and Mini Meals)
3. Big-Ass Cup of Cozy (Soups and Stews)
4. The Munchies (Salads, Sips, and the Snack Life)
5. The Main Event (Burritos, Bowls, and Other Bomb-Ass Meals)
6. Sweet Talk (Baked Goods and Motherfucking Dessert)

I have zero idea how long it will take to tackle and complete this beast but I'm optimistic once I start I won't want to stop. Plus some recipes seem pretty straight forward for us beginners that I can double up and conquer more than one in a day, gold star for me. With each recipe I plan to pair it with a song to depict the emotional side of this whole experience. I mean why not add a few funky beats while you're getting down and dirty in the kitchen?

Stay tuned for good eats to arrive, until then I'll leave you with some food for thought (see what I did there) "People who love to eat are always the best people" - Julia Child.

Take it easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment